Pages

Monday 16 September 2019

Kawakawa Clean up - CohanManguBeckham

Year 9 students clean up Kawakawa


On the 8th of September (Monday) was the beginning of “Keep New Zealand Beautiful Week”. My teacher figured, “Why don't we go pick up rubbish”. My class didn't mind because we are helping the community. My teacher then organised a day to go and pick up rubbish.

We had a designated area to search for rubbish. That was three streets in Kawakawa. Commercial, Church, and Albert street. Every student in 9R (class) walked along all three streets in search for trash. I ended up finding three bags of rubbish and that was just me. Imagine having 20 students picking up rubbish.

It wasn't just my class that went to go pick up rubbish but there were also others. To be honest, it feels really good to be helping the community, even if it's just putting a piece of plastic in the bin. #save the turtles.




3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Cohan. My name is Taleisha, I am a year 8 and I attend Paihia School. I find it really awesome that the year 9’s of Bay of Islands college decided to have a rubbish clean up. I find it really sad that rubbish is found near rubbish bins and it shows that people are very lazy. Recently, Te Ngahere (my class) have had a beach clean up and the rubbish we saw the most of were cigarette butts. What was a piece of rubbish that you guys found a lot of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paper towels. Thanks for the support!!

      Delete
  2. Hello there Cohan. My name is Mark. I am a year 6 and I attend Paihia School. I find it really awesome that the year 9’s of Bay of Islands College decided to have a rubbish clean up. I find it really sad that rubbish is found near rubbish bins and it shows that people are very lazy. Previously, Te Ngahere (my class) have had a beach clean up and the rubbish we picked up was bottles, broken bottle shells, a broken old bowl, yucky old coca cola, stretched gloves underneath the rocks, sand and bushes.

    What sort of rubbish did your team find?

    ReplyDelete